What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a clear, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by insufficient fuel combustion frequently caused by a lack of oxygen. In your residence, appliances that need natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are susceptible. Especially if they are not running properly or have been installed wrong.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from neighboring garages, as well as malfunctioning fireplaces could also be a carbon monoxide source. CO is dangerous to the body and is deadly at heightened levels or with extended exposure.